Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Asian Chicken with Pasta

This recipe is sort of my own concoction but it turned out pretty well! I got the general idea for it from this blog. I think I will make that exact recipe at some point but last night I really wanted something hot so I changed it up a bit.

Asian Chicken with Pasta

1-2 cups ditalini or orzo pasta (use however much you want...I used 2 cups)
2 cups cooked chicken (I used half the meat from a rotisserie chicken that I had shredded and frozen earlier)
1 red pepper, chopped
1/2 a large or 1 medium onion, chopped
8 oz edamame or sugar snap peas (you can throw them in frozen)
4 tablespoons canola oil
4 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
1 teaspoon grated or minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup peanuts or almonds

First, boil some water for the pasta and cook till al dente. Rinse and set aside. Meanwhile, chop the onion, pepper and sautee it in a skillet in a little bit of oil till softened. Add in the chicken to heat up (if you're using raw chicken, cook that first, then add the onion & pepper). In a small bowl combine the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes. Pour into skillet and cook for about 3-5 minutes. Add in edamame and peanuts or almonds and cook till edamame is no longer frozen. Serve! You can also sprinkle some nuts on top. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment