Here's a great, easy casserole. Our family fell in love with this one! The cheese really makes it. If you don't care for swiss cheese, try mozzarella or anything you like. The one thing I would change is to use 2 boxes of stuffing insted of 1. Enjoy!
Baked Swiss Chicken (from RealMomKitchen.com)
- 3-4 chicken breasts (just depends on how big you chicken breast are)
- 6-8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 c milk
- 1 box Stove Top Stuffing (or other similar boxed stuffing mix) -- I used two!
- 1/4 C butter melted
- Pound chicken breast to even out the thickness of the chicken. I place the chicken in between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a rolling pin or the flat side of a kitchen mallet) Cut each breast in half.
- Place chicken breasts in a sprayed 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Top chicken with slices of Swiss cheese.
- In a bowl, mix soup and milk until well blended.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken.
- Then top the chicken with the dry stuffing mix. Drizzle stuffing with melted butter.
- Baked covered with foil at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake 5-10 minutes longer. Serves 6-8