Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hi! And Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry

Wow, so a whole year went by! Well, I'm back and I've got a new recipe for you to try. It was a hit with my family tonight - even my 2-year-old ate it! I think it would be a good meal to make for a crowd - it's easy and delicious.

I got it from E-Mealz. It's a meal subscription web site that's super cheap. You pick the store you shop at, specify how many people you are feeding and sign up for a meal plan. E-Mealz will prepare a 5-day meal plan including ingredients and coupon deals. The best part is that they plan the meals around what's on sale at your grocery store that week. I've been a member for a while now and I mostly like this. I like that it's cheap ($5 a month) and that I'm saving money each week during my grocery shop. The meals we've tried have been really good. Sometimes I'll see a meal and know my family won't eat it, so I'll take some of the ingredients and make something I know we'll like. Check it out and see if it will work for your family!

Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry (from E-Mealz.com)
1 T cornstarch
1 T water
1⁄4 t garlic powder,
zip bag
1⁄2 lb boneless top sirloin steak, cut into 3" strips
1 T vegetable oil
2 c fresh broccoli florets (I used a frozen bag of microwave steam broccoli and added it after I cooked the onions)
1 c onion, cut into wedges
1 T vegetable oil
1⁄3 c soy sauce
2 T brown sugar
1 t ground ginger
1 T cornstarch
1⁄2 c water
1 bag egg noodles (or rice, your choice!)

In zip bag combine cornstarch, water & garlic powder. Add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat. In large skillet or wok over med-high heat, stir fry beef in oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm. Stir-fry broccoli & onion in oil for 4-5 min & return beef to pan. In small bowl, combine soy sauce, sugar, ginger, cornstarch, and water until smooth; add to pan. Cook and stir for 2 min until thickened. Serve over noodles.
Cook egg noodles according to pkg directions. Season w/ salt to taste.

1 comment:

  1. I need encouragement to cook! This is good encouragement!

    ReplyDelete