- Tuna/egg salad sandwiches
- Crackers with cheese and salmon spread
- Italian Pasta Salad (see recipe below!)
- Sweet & Sour Meatballs (click for recipe!)
- Veggies w/ ranch dressing
- Strawberry/Poppy Seed Salad
Quite a spread, don't you think? We had a blast. Our theme was "meal time" so we pretty much had the food covered! ;) Sarah got lots of very nice gifts and ones she can use for feeding her new baby very soon. Congrats Sarah!
Here's the recipe, which is an adaptation from my friend Carla! You can make this a thousand different ways with any and all ingredients you want. Just have fun with it! This isn't even a recipe, just a method. Here's what I did today:
Italian Pasta Salad
- 2 lbs pasta (I use the bowtie pasta)
- Lots of olive oil
- 1-2 jars prepared pesto - I used two but I like a lot of flavor, just use it to taste(or make your own if you're ambitious!)
- Lots of parmesan cheese - I bought a container of shaved parmesan cheese!
- Almonds - again, to taste - but you need it for the crunchy factor
- 1/2 jar of sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (I love the chewy, tangy flavor of these but if you don't, leave them out!)
Boil pasta according to the box directions, or until al dente. Drain. Pour olive oil liberally over pasta and stir to combine. Pour in the pesto and combine to your taste. Add parmesan cheese & almonds but reserve some for the top when you are finished. Add sun-dried tomatoes & combine. Before serving, drizzle some more olive oil to avoid dryness, then top with remaining parmesan & almonds. Serve warm, room temp or cold! Enjoy!